DRESSING YOUR FAMILY
You’ve booked your session, now comes the fun (or frustrating) part! It is never too soon to start planning your outfits, so once you book with us and we’ve decided on your location, plan away! Your clothing choices can make or break your final images, so here are a few things we’ve learned through the years:
- Most importantly, avoid everyone in the same outfit or color (i.e. white shirts and jeans). Those trends are long gone, and we want to see a little of your personality through your clothing selections.
- Choose 3-4 colors and mix it up. You want a cohesive feel but want to avoid anyone in matching tops or bottoms. Intertwine these colors through accessories, patterns and layers.
- Textures and layers are your friends! Think scarves, jewelry, hats, cardigans and trim fitting jackets. They can always be taken off, or added back in for different looks.
- Say no to anything that will date your image such as a character t-shirt, logos, or wording.
- Think about your home, what is your decor like? Try to stay in a close color palette so that your family photos don’t look misplaced on the wall.
- simple cloth diapers or diaper covers
- plain swaddling blankets
- simple knitted caps
- white or nuetral colored onsie
- a few special/classic props, like heirlooms
- extra blankets for variety
- bulky clothing as newborns are typically still swimming in any clothes other than a onsie
BABIES + KIDS
- light layers
- simple color palettes
- non-fussy, casual clothes to keep kids comfortable
- character clothing
- neon tones
- baggy clothes
- clothes that flatter your body type
- Men - have hair cut a few days before the session and come clean shaven/trimmed.
- Women - have natural makeup that is slightly heavier than usual and avoid new hairstlyes.
- sleeveless shirts
- logos and bold patterns
© 2016 SWINSON STUDIOS | WEBSITE HANDCRAFTED BY TED UNRUH